About Me

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Travel Journal

When I saw the World Traveler Challenge at Simon Says Stamp, I thought of a friend who's going on an exciting trip soon so I decided to make her a travel journal.  


For the background I used paper from Maps, Text and Ledgers from DCWV.



Here is a close up of the top layer where I did lots of ink blending with distress inks.  When in doubt, add another layer ;)  I decided to experiment and mixed Gel Medium with acrylic paint for the stenciling because I wanted the letters to appear more transparent and slightly blurry.  The stamps are To Travel is to Live (Impression Obsession) and Air Travel (Tim Holtz). 

That's it for today.  Have a fabulous week!


3 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea to make a travel journal for your friend...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea to make your friend a travel journal, Zelda!!! Love how the letters turned out and all the sponging is great!!! So lovely!!!
    Groete, Petra XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover, I love the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete