I'm thrilled and so honored to be a guest over at A Vintage Journey today to share my Magic of Three mixed media canvas.
"Using three of something adds more interest and power whether it is a conversation, art or numbers".
I have included a variety of elements in three's in my project.
(click to enlarge)
- I started off by adding Color Bloom spray to my canvas. I always feel less intimidated when I have some color on a blank canvas
- Selected 12 x 12 paper for the background and tore pieces as needed
- Distressed the edges of the paper and once I had decided on the placement, adhered to my canvas with matte gel
- Applied dry wall tape and modelling paste with a stencil (in three area's although one is now covered by the doily)
- Added a small amount of gesso with a dry brush to soften the colors
- Arranged flowers and embellishments and once happy with the arrangement I removed them to finish off the background (this is after a number of days I might add, as I always change my mind☺)
- Added more color (with sprays) and splatters (with gesso)
- Finished off the edges
- Glued lace to edges and center
- Stamped and sprayed doily, primed die cuts (frames, leaves and ladder) with gesso and when dry, colored with sprays and inks
- Finished off title (distressed and inked edges) and adhered in place
- Added texture to corrugated board and stitched pp to board
- Adhered cheesecloth and wire thread behind focal image
- Glued flowers and embellishments in place
- Added pearls, lace flowers and snowflake paste
Here are a few close-ups.....
And the edges ......
I'm linking this to HLS Mixed Media Challenge, Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge and Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!